Sunday, August 3, 2008

Google "West Contra Costa County Mom"

So...when I looked up "west contra costa county mom" in google today, I scanned the results only to find articles about how to transfer out of your west ccc school district, a mom who was killed, moms convicted of child abuse, and government sponsored reading programs. Decidedly, this was not what I hoped to find. When I initially googled, I was looking for nearby activities and resources for my baby and I. I am a stay-at-home mom looking for mom's groups, story-times, parks, baby-friendly establishments, etc. in my area. My quest is due to the fact that I am tired of driving through the maze or over a bridge when I want to do something fun. Since, the google results were far from hopeful - I decided to write a West Contra Costa County focused "mom blog". I would like to know what resources are available in my community. I have been inspired by other mom blogs out there...especially www.rookiemoms.com. I'm not saying that there won't be posts about Berkeley, Oakland, and Marin too. This blog is about places we go and things we do. However, I will try to focus in on resources for families in San Pablo, Pinole, El Sobrante, Richmond, El Cerrito, and Hercules (to name a few).

P.S. I am new to this whole blogging thing. Forgive my spelling and grammar. I have yet to take advantage of the government funded reading programs in my area. :)

No comments: